--Nordic Care Finland Oy--
The shipbuilding business is growing, and we are now recruiting Fabricator - Platers for our clients to fabricate, assemble and/or install parts of a ship, with the aim of delivering the very best product possible to our customer's customers. You will be helping in constructing the ship and pulling together all the component parts. You will be working to engineering standards, striving for the quality right the first time, and taking the ship from basic steel design to the final constructed warship.
Join a team of experienced, creative, production trade shipbuilders!
Interpreting engineering drawings
Marking off materials
Plate perpetration, using different methods (Oxy – fuel gas cutting & Hand Grinding), pressure testing, drilling & lock fitting
Assembling of ships structures, shell, decks, bulkheads, frames, & longitudinal
Fit, fair and tack weld steelwork using fairing aids
Fabrication of ship items - seats, ladders, false flooring & panels
Outfitting Ships items, fitting of hatches, watertight doors, equipment seats & false flooring
Forming Material using machine tools – Rolling, Flanging & Cutting Machines (guillotine, cropper mechanical saw)
Preparing ship for float-off & ship sea trials
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Current knowledge and experience in Fabrication
- Trade papers, e.g., formal apprenticeship (ability to provide papers)
- A clear understanding of SHE risks awareness
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
- Must be comfortable working in confined spaces and or at height
- Safety certification i.e., SHE induction, COSHH awareness, working at height
- Background in major construction/manufacturing environment
What we are looking for in you
You’re flexible and adaptable about how you work and what you work on, an individual who’s willing to get involved.
You have great verbal communication skills, with coaching abilities, i.e., passing on knowledge to apprentices, and your integrity and practical problem-solving techniques are second to none.