Welder for Finland
--Nordic Care Finland Oy--
The shipbuilding business is growing, and we are now recruiting Welders for our clients to weld structures that have been fabricated, assembled, and/or installed as parts of a ship, with the aim of delivering the very best product possible to our customer's customers. You will be working to engineering standards, striving for the quality right the first time, and taking the ship from basic steel design to the final constructed warship.
Join a team of experienced, creative, production trade shipbuilders!
This is an exciting time to join a business that is expanding and transforming, to operate in a new, innovative, and competitive environment.
Welding different materials (carbon & stainless steel & aluminum)
Welding using different welding processes i.e., Manual Metal Arc, Metal Inert Gas, Automatic & Semi-Automatic Machine Welding (Submerged - Arc & KAT) & Resistance Welding (Stud Welding)
Welding butts and fillets to a high standard
Main process – FCAW / MAG - using ceramic tiles
Self-verification on all welds
Adhering to all the related standards associated with welding, including fume control
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Current knowledge and experience in welding and use of associated equipment
- Capable of all positional welding
- Flux core experience (FCAW)
- Trade papers, e.g., formal apprenticeship (ability to provide papers)
- A clear understanding of SHE risks awareness
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
- Deposit welds that pass both visual and NDE examinations
- Materials - and experience in welding carbon steel thickness 4mm and above, but specifically in the 4-10mm range
- Should be comfortable working in confined spaces and or at height
- Safety certification i.e., SHE induction, COSHH awareness, working at height
- Background in major construction/manufacturing environment
- Welding with MCAW consumables
- Welding aluminum with MIG process
- Welding with automated equipment
What are we looking for in you
You’re flexible and adaptable about how you work and what you work on, a real team player who’s willing to get involved.
You have great verbal communication skills, with coaching abilities, i.e., passing on knowledge to apprentices, and your integrity and practical problem-solving techniques are second to none.